Second Term Topic Goals
This term our topic is Science and we are going to be focusing on changing matter an area in chemistry. We have a variety of goals that we could choose to hopefully achieve at the end of the term; these are the goals that I have chosen.
- Changes to materials can be reversible, such as melting, freezing, evaporating; or irreversible, such as burning and rusting.
- Science involves testing predictions by gathering data and using evidence to develop explanations of events and phenomena.
Yr 5 & 6:
- With guidance, plan appropriate investigation methods to answer questions or solve problems.
- Decide which variable should be changed and measured in fair tests and accurately observe, measure and record data, using digital technologies as appropriate.
- Construct and use a range of representations, including tables and graphs, to represent and describe observations, patterns or relationships in data using digital technologies as appropriate.
- Compare data with predictions and use as evidence in developing explanations.
- Take notes on my reading that will help me create a reflection or summary and when I am creating explanations for observations in experiments.
- Create scientific explanations and lab reports that follow a conventional outline and that clearly communicate my understanding.