April 26

Second Term Topic Goals

This term our topic is Science and we are going to be focusing on changing matter an area in chemistry. We have a variety of goals that we could choose to hopefully achieve at the end of the term; these are the goals that I have chosen.

I understand:

Yr 6:

• Changes to materials can be reversible, such as melting, freezing, evaporating; or irreversible, such as burning and rusting.
  • Science involves testing predictions by gathering data and using evidence to develop explanations of events and phenomena.

Yr 5 & 6:

I can:

• With guidance, plan appropriate investigation methods to answer questions or solve problems.
  • Decide which variable should be changed and measured in fair tests and accurately observe, measure and record data, using digital technologies as appropriate.

Maths goals:

• Construct and use a range of representations, including tables and graphs, to represent and describe observations, patterns or relationships in data using digital technologies as appropriate.
  • Compare data with predictions and use as evidence in developing explanations.

Literacy goals:

• Take notes on my reading that will help me create a reflection or summary and when I am creating explanations for observations in experiments.
  • Create scientific explanations and lab reports that follow a conventional outline and that clearly communicate my understanding.

Posted April 26, 2016 by anton2013 in category 2016, Reflections, Schoolwork