May 15

BTN Oz Harvest

http://www.abc.net.au/btn/story/s3885269.htm#extra

Oz Harvest is an industry that collects all food that is about to be thrown out just because it got a scab or bruise. Oz Harvest donates all that food that is about to be thrown out to people in need such as homeless people or a home full of starving people.

7.8 billion dollars’ worth of food is thrown out every year in Australia alone that’s like buying 8 billion dollars’ worth of your favourite food and just throwing it out. In nearly every household in Australia is just throwing out $1000 worth of food a year.  In Australia 24% of school kids are throwing out their school lunches I know I don’t throw out my lunch but do you? (This is your queue to stop throwing out your lunch ;)).

I have recognised that people running Oz Harvest is really trying their hardest to help people in need such as the homeless I have also recognised that one of the reasons they help out is due to their good feeling about helping people out.

I have wondered ever since I started the video in other countries how much food is wasted and more importantly how much food is wasted in the world.

Posted May 15, 2015 by anton2013 in category 2015, BTN, Schoolwork